Verse of the Moment

Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday Cakes!

The following cakes are all birthday cakes that I have made for my two kids over the last two years.  Hope you like them.  I do!



Rachel's Birthday Cakes


For Rachel's first birthday, we had a lady bug theme.  This is also part of the theme in her bedroom.
















Obviously, this year was themed "ELMO".  What kid doesn't like him at one time or another?

 
















This year we went with a "Minnie Mouse" theme.  Rachel loves everything that involves Mickey Mouse or his friends.  This was by far the biggest cake I have ever made.

























Benjamin's Cakes


Let's see if I can remember all the cakes I have made for him.....
First birthday-Baseball diamond and Baseball (for him to have)
Second birthday-Bob the Builder
Third birthday-Construction Zone (dump trucks and piles of "mud and dirt")
Fourth birthday-Cement Mixer (by far the easiest, I took a firetruck pan and then cut out the mixer part in cardboard, covered it in paper and syran wrap and placed it on top of where the ladders would have been on the firetruck)
Fifth birthday-Camouflage Jeep






For his sixth birthday, we had a Star Wars theme and I made two cakes since the "Death Star" would be difficult to eat.


















For his seventh birthday, we had a Pirate theme. I made this treasure chest that is on a small island in the water.


















This past year we decided to go with a color theme instead and we chose "Blue". We all wore blue clothes and had blue decorations. Even the inside of the cake was blue. (By the way, it is difficult to find blue ice cream.)







Photobucket

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Your cakes are fabulous! I too love to make my kids birthday cakes, but they are not nearly as good as yours. ;-) Keep up the good work.

McFurr said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Minnie Mouse cake!

Tina said...

That Minnie Mouse cake was FANTASTIC!!!

You do such a great job!! :)

And...we should post a picture of the horse cake you make for Ella!

You are very talented, my friend!